thoughts by nat

EDCI 338

Community Contribution 6: Engaging Your PLN

Hi Kiera. I found your post interesting as you provided a personal experience of how you created an effective campaign. I thought it was great that your group talked to the people who your campaign would impact, which connects to the Ask and Listen strategy that Woods (2013) mentioned. Using social media platforms to learn from is an excellent way to grow your PLN. I have also found the podcast Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain helpful in educating myself. I will definitely try listening to The Mindset Mentor podcast, as I have heard great things about it. Thank you for sharing!

Hi, Ms. H. I enjoyed reading your post. I thought it was great that you brought up the Shorty Impact Awards. I found it interesting to learn what was the best social movement campaign, which was the Price On Our Lives campaign. They essentially created wearable $1.05 price tags to symbolize the prize that politicians put on student lives. It was shared on social media by two well-known student activists, Emma Gonzalez and David Hogg. This is an excellent way of how the Leverage Technology strategy by Woods (2013) can be used as an advantage. Thank you for sharing!