thoughts by nat

EDCI 338

Community Contribution 4: PLN & Inclusion

https://buildingmypln.opened.ca/

Hi Ms. H. I like that you are using social media platforms to help diversify your PLN. I have found TikTok and YouTube helpful in keeping my PLN diverse by following and interacting with other individuals who I can learn from. These platforms work so well because of the ability to connect with people easily from different cultures and backgrounds. I also find that what I learn online helps me see beyond my biases, ideas, and worldviews in the real world. I definitely agree that being mindful of others and learning from other experiences are great ways to expand our understanding of diverse voices. Thank you for sharing!

Hi Kate. I enjoyed reading your post and thought the ways that you make sure you are learning from diverse voices insightful. I like your idea of being open to change, even if we’re already knowledgeable about a topic. This is an excellent point because we can learn and build on what we already know, changing our perspectives and attitudes. Having this openness to learning can go a long way when wanting to create connections with others who are different from us. Thanks for sharing!